Wednesday, 30 April 2008

From this...

beginning to an unexpected end result!I followed instructions from a Quilting Arts or a Cloth Paper Scissors magazine, sorry can't remember which one it was.
I embellished muslin onto a velvet base, then felt circles, then some bondaweb...

Holes cut out, somehow didn't really get that part! Then some hot foiling, think I had gone a bit off track by this time! Look you can even see the iron mark. Tsk, tsk a bit careless I think.

I really didn't like the end result. I'm sure that I could have added lots more to it, hand or machine stitching, more embellishing or even some more iron shaped foiling!! However I took the easy option and cut it up, with a purpose of course. I needed some more brooches for the shop and I thought that fish were the answer! I hated the red circles so I managed to cut out a whole heap of fish shapes narrowly avoiding the nasty red! Here are a couple of snippets...

...yes, I know you're supposed to photograph the things before they go into the cellophane packet!!! (think I may have done that before!!)

I've decided that it was meant as the cellophane looks like water..... a bit!
Oops! Just realised that I'd added a little bit of blue wool tops to the finished piece of fabric before I cut it up. You can see a little of it on the fish. (I really must keep a note of what I do to these pieces, it's amazing how quickly I forget). I added some free machining with variegated thread and free machined satin stitch edge. The tail was made from organza and finally a little sequin and seed bead for its eye.
That's it for now, last post for April. I've decided on a theme for next month. It's going to be "close ups"!
Byee!

5 comments:

Miss Frugality said...

The fish brooches are fab!

ominnimo said...

Thanks! :-)

artisbliss said...

My college art instructor would call this a happy accident. Sometimes things will have a mind of their own. Great little fish.

jude said...

nice things going on here....

ominnimo said...

thanks for the comments folks! :o)