I was looking at a comment made on one of my posts, I do check them all and visit their sites even if I don't directly comment. Thanks by the way for taking the time to comment everyone and to those who don't comment, thanks for visiting.
Anyway I have now realised that I have no idea how I came by the bottlecap pincushion tutorial so sorry I can't link to you but I can link to the actual tutorial on flickr .
The whole point of all this is that I decided to use up the excess embellished fabric on some of the bottlecaps that I've been collecting recently... I knew that they'd come in handy eventually!
Here are the results...
I may add a little more stitching and beads on some.
I had been having a dilemma as to what embroidery stitch I would use and in the end I just went for simple running stitch and a herringbone stitch. Sometimes the simpler the stitch then the bettter the result. (Yes, there is a bottlecap in the base of each one!)
Anyway, hope you've enjoyed looking as much as I've enjoyed making them.
Watch this space, I definitely feel that there are more on the horizon!