Sunday 4 November 2007

Inspired...

...by Jean Littlejohn's work in the recent Stitch magazine and also some of the resulting vessels especially purplemissus and her dressels......purple felt with acrylic painted bondaweb from my stash...
...some foiling...used for some other project...obviously...
...some merino tops...(sorry about the photo)
...I added a navy chiffon scarf then embellished all over adding a few synthetic sheers as I went.
...a quick rub with some yummy Stewart Gill paints then a blast from the heat tool.
...the usual close ups...
...and again.
Some further embellishing on the reverse, a few tucks along the top and a metallic organza caught in place between the two side edges.
There is no base in the piece but thought that it looked interesting. Once I can get my thinking cap on I may be able to work one out before I start... Oh I mean design it!
I like it both ways...
... I had added a small piece of sheer and tops on the reverse which you can just see in this picture.
...yes, some more close ups...
...would like to see some stitching on this kind of surface.
...liked this bit!
Anyway thats all for now, byeee.

3 comments:

Purple Missus said...

Wow, this looks good. Fabulous surface. I always feel that this fabric needs some stitch on the top but can never decide what. Look forward to seeing what you do with yours.

Judy Scott said...

Love the glitzyness, I really have to have a go at a dressel, J :)

FARBTUPFER said...

Great, wonderful colours!