...not only have I missed a Wednesday but I'm late again!!!!!
I started this out to force me to post regularily and at the time was showing what I was making on a Wednesday. I've realised that sometimes I'm working away on other days and not on the Wednesday. So from now on I think that I will report what I've been making since the last post. Ok that's the plan, now to see if I can carry it out... !
Here's what I did last Sunday. A fab dyeing day with Dorothy again. I love having the whole day to slitter about with dye pots. The bundles above are bit more pastel in colour than I'd intended but the washing machine decided to make up it's own programme for some unknown reason. Some of the fabrics were nearly stonewashed!!
This one was at the bottom of my space dyeing tray. It was an old linen tray cloth so it had been well laundered and took the dye beautifully. I love how it's dyed in areas of bubbles.
Now these two were one of my hand printed totes. I'd bought a whole load of pre-made totes so that I could decorate them. I thought that I would use acrylic paints to print with but it wasn't a huge success, this is one of the better ones. MAD of course being my initials. I do quite like the idea of the printing then the dyeing so I may try some more maybe with Manutex and Procion next time. I like how the space dyeing turned out.
I came away with a few jars of excess dye so put them to good use the next day. I'd ordered a load of silk cocoons but was pretty disappointed with them as they were a bit grotty and smelled! I rinsed them in Soda solution then put a handful in a plastic bag with each dye colour. Then I took a few out of each and added some more blue to those ones. I 'm impressed at how dense the colour turned out. although I'm kicking myself for not putting in a bundle of threads to dye as well...oh well, next time.
I took all these photos late at night under the electric light with no flash on so the colours aren't quite right. The bundle of tapes below are a mixture of lovely pastel colours which I can't wait to use, not really showing as well as they look.
I painted the dye onto the fabric on this one which I'd not done before. Pretty interesting I thought and will definitely have a go at that again. I soaked the fabric in soda solution then painted the dye on whilst it was still wet.
Lastly here are some of the daisies in my garden... oh I do like daisies!
Sadly they weren't with me for long as the mower man was here.
They are now on there way back I'm pleased to report!
Oops, out of sequence!
I love to have bundles of thread to dye as well as fabric. This is the result of incorrectly preparing the bundles beforehand...oh well I'll know for the next time...or maybe not!
Something quite nice about mindlessly sorting out thread..until W15, byee!
PS. W13 was spent shopping and lunching with a friend in Edinburgh...a great day out!