Tuesday 18 September 2007

out and about...

... just realised that I've uploaded these all back to front...Never mind!

Here are some images from the trips around Scotland I've been on over the last few weekends......we had rather a lot of rain on this weekend...
Eilean Donan Castle.

Old Man of Storr. Isle of Skye.
Yes. lots of rain, wind and gushing waterfalls. The noise was deafening.

The back of the information point at Kilt Rock. Mountain Rescue Team practicing. They were lowering a real live volunteer down on a stretcher! eeee...aaaah!!!!
Dunvegan Castle, Isle of Skye.
In the castle gardens.. ...early morning on Skye...
...Eilean Donan Castle in the background before we went to Skye...
Another weekend we were off to the Isle of Mull..
...the ferry deck...quite inspirational!
Duart Castle, Isle of Mull....love these...
Duart Castle from the ferry. Not raining this time just low visibility!
We did have some great weather this time when we went to the Isle of Bute.
Railway station at Wemyss Bay, beside the ferry.
...remember I'm all back to front!...oops!... didn't mean to get in the photo at Mount Stuart. Victorian Gothic!! Absolutely brilliant, certainly worth a visit.
Rothesay, Isle of Bute.The mountains are turning purple!Over the sea to Skye, but on this occasion it's Bute!
So there you have it, a quick tour round Scotland, well at least a wee bit. More stitchy things next time...
Byeeee!

4 comments:

Judy Scott said...

oh wow how fabulous and such amazing inspiration, thankyou for the wonderful tour, Judy :)

FARBTUPFER said...

Fabulous pictures, thanks!

Unknown said...

wonderful pics - takes me back to happy holidays on Skye and Mull... and thank you! for posting the Calmac ferry floor - I started trying to draw the pattern when we were sailing back from Islay this year but only at the last minute and I didn't get it - now I can study it at leisure!

Barbara said...

wow!I spend my holidays in scotland too! I am feeling like holidays again when I see you pictures!