Wednesday 22 August 2007

Did I tell you?.....

I have just got one of these!!! ...

I've had difficulty getting on it because my son has been hogging it!!!!

These are just a small amount of his creations. Thay are all his own ideas.

When I did get on the machine I tried using some fabric snips and yarns that I had hanging around... Just knew that I'd been saving them for something!
I do like a good heart now and again.... sorry that the photo is a wee bit blurred.

I also had a try at my little shoreline pieces. Interestingly enough after putting on all my fabrics with the embellisher I decided to do some free machine work and found that it was extremely thick. I almost couldn't get it to stitch. So I think less embellishing to begin with, maybe even using it to tack the fabric in place then the machine work, then maybe back for some final embellishing if required. You can tell I'm just a beginner at this... Practice makes perfect... so they say!

These originally started out as one piece of work which I cut up thinking that I'd use them for cards. I was never very happy with them in fact they almost went in the bin a few weeks ago. I'd even tried embroidering on them and still didn't like them. Anyway one hit on the embellisher and I was away, I'd found the answer. Here they are before I put them on cards.....


Then I had a play with some more brooch (pin) ideas....That's it for now,

Moira.

4 comments:

FARBTUPFER said...

I know this "embellishing-fever" and I enjoy your results and I am loking forward to new results!

Purple Missus said...

I agree with Waltraud - there is no turning back now, you will start to embellish everything in sight :)
Have been looking through your blog, your work is very good.

Judy Scott said...

brilliant so happy for you ~ its wonderful to hold things down before machine or hand embroidery and then embellishing again, enjoy ~ Judy xx

Grangry said...

Just found your blog - super work. Love what you've done with the embellisher!