Monday 23 January 2012

yum, yum...

...enjoying these. A Christmas gift from the ladies at my creative embroidery class. I'm taking my time over them and not doing my usual guzzle. Mmm, wonder what I could use the packaging for?!* 
I've spent most of yesterday and today working on this sample. I do enjoy a bit of canvaswork. This is to take to my class on Friday. I'm going to make it into a notebook, this is the cover ( a bit obvious I know, sorry). 

I've used a lot of my own hand dyed threads for once.
I really want to work more with my own dyed stuff as I have a lot of fabrics with matching threads. I can feel a bit of crazy patchwork/quilting coming on! 
The lovely variegated perle above is one of the Anchor threads, No. 5. 
I'm not working to a pattern, it's just evolving like most of the things I do. I've been working some of my favourite stitches. Cushion stitch, Norwich stitch, rice stitch, simplified rice stich and diamond eyelet (see below). 
I still have a bit to finish . I've been doing so much machining lately that I'd forgotten how long hand stitching took! 
Bye for now, got to get stitching! :o)x

No comments: